11 January 2009

Granola!

I have decided to return to blogging. Apparently I have too much free time on my hands, considering I can't seem to keep up with my work regardless of how much time I spend on it. So why not spend a bit less, and channel some of that energy into this instead?

My other great time sink: cooking. So I will probably focus on my culinary experiments here. Today's post: homemade granola! I just made my first batch of granola at home (excluding a prior batch I made at Kati's). It's maple- and cinnamon-flavored and delicious.


The bulk of the oats are "quick" oats, the thinner, smaller variety that you typically get in oatmeal canisters. There are also some thick oats tossed in to provide more crunch...


In addition to oats, I added chopped pecans, slivered almonds, shredded coconut, and pepitas. For sweetness, I poured in some maple syrup (nectar of the gods!) and added a dash of cinnamon.


I plan to add my fresh new granola to yogurt, also sweetened by maple syrup, for a quick breakfast on all these mornings when I'll have to wake up early (8 am) to get to campus for classes. Like tomorrow. On that note, I should get to bed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: